Sunday, January 25, 2009

O-MAMA


We have had a fun week although all three of us are fighting off being sick and at this point it seems like Zach and I are losing the fight. The nursery attendant at church today told me that Zach didn't want any goldfish! If you know him you know that means he is definitely sick. We all enjoyed watching Tuesday's events on TV all day. We were thinking of going down to the National Mall to experience it all since we are so close, but when nap time rolled around that day I was very thankful that we were home and not standing on The Mall among 1.something million people. Zach loved cheering for Obama on TV all day and everytime his face would show up Zach would yell, "OMAMA!" Experience it yourself by watching the video! 

Zach has a new best friend, Ba! Quite a creative name don't you think. BA BA is the sound he makes for dogs barking so now he calls his little blue dog "Ba." Ba comes everywhere with us and his nose is getting very dirty from all of the sloppy kissed he gets each day. Zach loves to make sure Ba is happy all day so we comfortably set him up in the crib under the blankets so he can nap while Zach plays with other toys. He also likes to set Ba up in his rocking chair with a book to make sure he doesn't get bored. The other night he sat Ba up so that he could watch the fire and then decided he would sit next to him to watch as well. So sweet! 

We have a fun new development these days and that is that Zach now recognizes letters on the signs as we are driving around town and calls them out with great excitement. I was driving around the parking lot of Fitness First the other day looking for a parking spot (because it is January remember...a few more weeks and parking shouldn't be a problem again) and Zach starting yelling "F" "I" "T"! I couldn't believe it! I was one proud Mama! I mean it is one thing when I am chasing him around the house with magnetic letters, but to recognize them on his own completely out of context! Wow! Now its what we do everyday! We drive down the street yelling letters and trying to be the first one to spot the digger or the trash truck! I will tell you one thing, I am blessed to be that little boy's mommy!

1 comment:

Steve Schuler said...

I have wound up at your blog via a comment Andy left at Doug Groothuis' blog "The Constructive Curmudgeon". I just watched the video of your little boy saying "Obama", and am laughing my fool head off. If you all are aware of Doug's take on Obama you well appreciate the humour I might see in this. I get the impression that Doug might prefer you to teach little Zach to say "Say-Ton" as an alternative name for "O-Ba-Ma"! Well, Obama is OK by me, for what that is worth.

By the way, what Doug was referring to when he said "needless pressure on the banks" caused the financial crisis was the development by the government of the subprime mortgage industry. That's certainly subject to discussion.

Well, little Zach's video has made my day! Thanks!!!