Saturday, April 28, 2007

After a Week

Zach with his cousin (officially, second cousin) Jackson:



Zach is amazed and astonished:

Zach is plotting diabolical schemes:

Zach and Mommy are tired:

Zach is lounging:

After a week (well, eight days), we are doing very well together. I'm probably going to jinx it all right here, but we have yet to hear Zach really cry. Sure, he whines and fusses a little, but there have been no ear-splitting banshee wails yet. Wait, what's that I hear? Just kidding.
Also, Zach is sleeping pretty well. We get up a few times a night to feed and change diapers, but we are definitely sleeping in stretches of 4 hours or so. But, as I said, I surely just jinxed it: there's probably an all-night banshee wail in store for us tonight. We'll enjoy the quiet while we still can.
Basically, Zach is a complete stud. I'm pretty sure he's a genius, and the fact that he can move his head around when he's lying on his tummy assures me that he is going to be an Olympian.
Lastly, to my surprise, within the last week I've found myself :
-wishing that we had a "Baby on Board" thing hanging in our car window, and
-noticing how much better looking Zach is than all the model babies in the baby books, baby magazines, baby advertisements, etc.
They did say that having a child would change your outlook...







No comments: