Sunday, July 25, 2010

Its Been Awhile!



Well Here we are on August 16th and I truly can't believe it. This summer went by faster than any I can remember. It began for me with a summer class on Diversity Issues in Counseling which stretched me in new way, something I am always thankful for. That was followed by a trip to Princeton for Andy to attend a conference. The boys and I enjoyed playing in the park, relaxing at Small World Coffee, and eating Bent Spoon Cupcakes (these alone were worth the trip). We also caught up with friends, met new babies, and just enjoyed revisiting old memories from our days in Princeton.

Well, looks like Caleb is packed!

A week after returning from Princeton we packed up again and headed to the beach. Well, the kids and I went to the beach and Andy flew to Minneapolis for the Presbyterian General Assembly. I wont even pretend to understand all the things that happened at this huge gathering of Presbyterians! I will say, however, that I am so proud of Andy for working so diligently for our denomination and for standing up for what he believes in. I am truly thankful that our sons are being raised with a father that sets an amazing example of the way to live out integrity.

Of course while daddy was saving the world, we were playing in the waves. Well, actually we aren't quite comfortable with that yet...but we made lots of wonderful sand castles. We also went home with many memories of fun times with family. The kids are so blessed to have such a fun group of cousins (it gets complicated so we just call them all cousins).

We all loved getting a visit from my beautiful, wonderful, amazing sister during and after the beach. She stayed with us for a few weeks and left way too soon! She is now on an intensive backpacking/training trip in Yellowstone. Like I said...she is amazing!

Other than that we have been hanging out around here and enjoying summer in Maryland and DC with friends. So much to do in this area between the cities and the farms, the wineries and the harbors! I will be back to post more soon-I have so much to share about Caleb! He is everywhere and into everything. For now I have to go and pack for our next trip. We are off to Colorado tomorrow for two weeks to hang out with family and be a part of Uncle Berkeley's wedding!

For now I will leave you with some cute pictures of Caleb eating some yogurt that was frozen-a treat we enjoyed a lot this summer in this record breaking heat!




1 comment:

The Larsons said...

your boys are so precious! Looks like it's been a great summer!!