Monday, February 8, 2010

The Big Three

No, I am not referring to the number of times I have actually made it to the gym since Caleb has been born, or even the number of hours of sleep I got last night. The Big Three are what I have named the three major milestones that I wanted to help Zach accomplish before he turned three-years-old this coming April. Those milestones were: getting rid of the pacifiers that he slept with at night, moving out of his crib and into a big boy bed, and potty-training.
I decided that the pacifiers had the be the first to go. It was way past time! I had been putting this off because he is such an incredible sleeper. I was afraid that taking these away would make it harder for him to fall asleep and take the great naps that he and I have both come to depend on to get through our day.

On January 1st we did it! We started talking about it a few days earlier. We told him that since he was such a big boy now he really didn't need those pacis anymore so it would be great if we could pass them on to a baby that really needs them. Since this is my blog I get to brag about my kids so I can say that he is such a caring little guy so we decided to appeal to his heart on this one. Even though he looks a little skeptical in this picture he was quite excited to put his pacis in the box and send them on.



Zach and mommy walking to the mailbox.

Proudly walking back home after doing such a brave thing.

Once we realized he was willing to continue being a great sleeper, even without those little plastic crutches, it was time for the big boy bed.

Wearing his hard hat and showing his screwdriver after he helped daddy put the bed together.

That was a lot of work! He is ready for a nap!

The transition went great. He loves his new bed and he is still a wonderful sleeper. Victory!

Potty training is the final step. So far Zach is doing well and his parents are being totally inconsistent. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

The Larsons said...

Zach has the kindest heart of any little boy i know. It's so great "watching" him grow up from afar. :) Congrats on 2/3 so far!!